Customer Complaints Policy
At Utility Helpline, we believe in giving our customers a first-class personal service. If, however, there's an issue you need to bring to our attention or you would like to make a complaint, please let us know by following the steps below. All complaints will be treated with courtesy and respect.
- To provide an efficient, fair, and structured mechanism for handling complaints.
- To provide all our customers with access to the complaints handling process,
- To keep customers informed as to the progress of their complaint and the expected timeframe for resolution.
- We will meet regularly to review our complaints & procedures, so that we can commit to continuously improve.
Summary of Complaints Policy and how to make a complaint
STEP 1: We want to try and resolve your complaints as soon as possible, so we urge you to call our customer service team on 0800 0430423 or 01432 378696
Complaints can be made and managed over the phone or by email or letter:
- Email us at email@example.com
- Call us on 0800 0430423 or 01432 378696
- Write to: Customer Service Manager, Tracey Rye, 107 Burrows Business Centre, Hereford, HR1 2HE
Please include this information with your complaint:
- Business name and address
- Contact name & number
- Details of the problem and any suggestion of how you would like us to put it right
STEP 2: Handling Your Complaint:
- Upon receiving a complaint, we will acknowledge your matter via, email or in writing within 2 business working days.
- Your complaint will be logged, and we will aim to resolve the problem within 7 business days, we'll give you a
reference number and contact you as soon as we've sorted out your issue.
- If we haven't resolved your complaint within 7 business days, we'll contact you to explain why and what the next stage is. We will keep in touch on the latest developments.
- In the unlikely event your complaint has not been resolve in 8 weeks. We will write you with your options. In these cases, we will regularly update you on the progress and likely timeframe for resolution.
STEP 3: We will advise you in writing of the outcome of your complaint, which could include an apology, making a gesture of goodwill or giving compensation.
If you are unhappy with our final resolution, we have reached deadlock or it’s taking too long to resolve your compliant (8 weeks or more)
Ombudsman Services offer an alternative dispute resolutions scheme (ADR Scheme) so if you are unhappy with our final decisions, we have reached a deadlock or we haven’t resolved your issue in 8 weeks you can raise a compliant by contacting them on 0330 4401624, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.os-energy.org, PO Box 966, Warrington, WA4 9DF.
The Ombudsman Service ADR service is free of charge.